Writing is essential to our day to day life.
This can range from writing letters, memos, scripts, best selling books and compelling articles.
Do you remember that adage, that a pen is mightier than the sword? This and many more cliches give credence to the importance of writing now and always.A few practical steps are carefully outlined here to enable you hone your writing skills.
1. Be an Avid Reader: To be a good writer, you must first be a good and avid reader. Reading exposes you to timeless ideas and innovations of the future, which are locked in the pages of books written by great minds.
It can be very difficult to really cultivate a strong habit in this fast paced world, however, the truth is that a whole lot of busy top executives, billionaires, business and world leaders are voracious readers. While hard-copy books in print seem to be around and will ever be present for a very long time, portable gadgets and smart devices have made carrying tons of books a great possibility for everyone.
2. Start Writing: Speakers Speak while Writers Write. The best way to learn to write is to start writing. Start writing on topics and issues which are most appealing to you. Write on topics that catch your interest, topics for which you have great passion and anything imaginable. The idea here is to cultivate a strong habit of writing, and the best way to do this is to write daily at a set time, whether you feel like it or not.
3. Criticize your Writing: You must go on to constructively criticize your writing. Check your writing for spelling errors, ascertain the proper use of tenses and punctuation marks, look out for right blending, coherence and a general mastery of the language.
4. Never Stop Learning: Read more Self Development Materials, read self help books on the web. Ask questions from seasoned and experienced writers, in short, never stop learning. Surround yourself with people who are ready doing what you dream of doing, this is an excellent way to keep your passion going.
5. Never Stop Writing: Do not stop writing, keep on writing, what you do not use, you eventually lose, so keep exercising your writing prowess and keep getting better till you arrive at the final destination-Perfection.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Emmanuel_Oluwadunsin_Ayeni/1464886